Membrane Bioreactors are biological treatment plants which combines activated sludge process with submersed membrane filtration. Secondary settling tanks are replaced with membrane units. Complete solids removal, a significant bacteria removal capability, high rate and high efficiency organic removal and small footprint are the advantages of the MBR Systems.
The MBR process can be configured in many different ways depending on project specific nutrient removal objectives. Anoxic zones before or after the aerobic treatment may be used for denitrification, depending on the effluent nitrate and total nitrogen requirements. ESLI prefer submerged configuration because of less energy requirement and low fouling potential. In submerged configuration, a suction force is applied to draw the water through themembrane, while the sludge is retained on the membrane surface.
AQUALINE MBR SYSTEMS
•Turnkey MBR system
• Standard pre-engineered design packages
• Efficient compact design, reduced footprint
• Robust, high-quality system and components
• Single-source supply
• Easily expandable
• Fast delivery and installation
• Meets or exceeds most regulatory effluent requirements
• Municipal wastewater
• Educational institutions and healtcare applications
• Hotels, Labour and refugee camps, parks and military bases
• Building complexex (offices, shopping centers, small tornships)
• Industrial wastewater, e.g. food and beverage applications.
• Secondary clarifiers and tertiary filtration processes are eliminated,
thereby reducing plant footprint.
• Unlike secondary clarifiers, the quality of solids separation is not
dependent on the mixed liquor suspended solids concentration or
• No reliance upon achieving good sludge settleability
• hence quite amenable to remote operation.
• Can be designed with long sludge age, hence low sludge
• Produces a UF quality effluent suitable for reuse applications or as
a high quality feed water source for Reverse Osmosis treatment.